Do your teeth have more of a yellow tint now? All the coffee, cigarettes or red wine you may have enjoyed took a toll, and that big smile you use to flash is gone. Well, did you know that you can have those stains almost magically erased in the same amount of time it takes to get your haircut, a manicure or even lunch with your friends? Yes, in just a short time you can have a teeth whitening session and bring back that shiny, bright smile again.
Using the latest in tooth whitening technology, a visit to your dental office can make your smile brighter than ever before. Tooth whitening can correct tooth discolorations caused by staining, aging, or even chemical damage to teeth. In cases of extreme tooth discoloration, whitening isn't always enough and crowns or veneers may be the only choice. But because of the low cost of tooth whitening treatments, it's usually worth a try.
Teeth whitening methods
Two effective teeth whitening techniques are available today: in-office laser teeth whitening and at-home teeth whitening with custom-fit trays. Both teeth whitening techniques are best performed under your dentist's supervision to ensure the safest and most dependable results.
- In-Office Tooth Whitening methods are performed with bleaching gel and laser light. This is a good method of teeth whitening for sensitive teeth, as the process may be closely monitored by the cosmetic dentist. The teeth are carefully isolated from the lips and gums, and then a bleaching gel is applied to them. A laser is used in conjunction with the gel to accelerate and amplify the tooth whitening process.
- At-Home Tooth Whitening are available in a variety of “flavors” for those who are interested in giving whitening a go in the privacy of their home. Your cosmetic dentist can take imprints of your teeth and then make custom-fitted trays for you to take home to complete the tooth whitening process. There are also teeth bleaching kits and other over-the-counter teeth whitening products available to brighten your smile.
- Corrects brown, yellow, and mottled tooth staining
- Works on people of all ages
- Restores brightness and life to "dull" smiles